Best Coffee Percolator in 2020- Top Selection from Chef Shelly Rhoades
Welcome to affordalekitchenandbaths.com. In this post we will discuss about best coffee percolators.
What is coffee percolator?
A Coffee percolator is a kind of vessel to brew coffee. It has a chamber which is placed closest to the heat and at the bottom of the pot. A vertical tube is placed at the center of the pot and leads from bottom chamber to the top. Water is poured into water chamber and coarse coffee is placed in the top chamber.
Once the heat source is turned on, it starts boiling the water which makes it rise to the top and then fall onto a lid of the coffee chamber. The pricked water from the lid flows on the coffee and then to the bottom of the chamber to meet cold water, to rise again through the vertical pipe.
The whole process continues till the desired coffee is brewed.
Ensure that once the coffee is brewed the heat source is turned off, otherwise, the coffee will acquire a bitter taste.
Top 5 Best Coffee Percolator Comparison & Reviews
- Farberware Classic Stainless Steel Yosemite Coffee Percolator
9.2 x 8.7 x 7 in
- Our Rating
- Adcraft’s coffee percolator
13 x 13 x 23 in
- Our Rating
- GSI Outdoors Campfire Glacier Stainless Percolator
8.8 x 6.7 x 9 in
- Our Rating
- Presto 02822 6-Cup Percolator
8 x 8 x 15 in
- Our Rating
- Chinook Timberline Stainless Steel Coffee Percolator
5.2 x 7.5 x 7.5 in
- Our Rating
In order to provide you best coffee percolator, I have researched enough to come out with a write-up on each of them. My research on the coffee percolator has funneled to following five which are presented in no particular order.
1. Adcraft Countertop CP-100 100 Cup Coffee Percolator Review
- 100 cup capacity
- Automatic temp. control
- Heat-resistant handles
- Includes stem, coffee filter basket and cover
- NEMA 5-15P, ETL Sanitation, cETLus, CE
This coffee percolator can serve 100 cups of brewed coffee and comes in stainless steel finish to add to the aesthetics. It is ideal for party, churches, institutions, cafeteria etc. The percolator comes equipped with 1350W of the heating source and consumes 120v at 11.25 Amps of power. Benefits of Adcraft’s percolators are:
- You don’t have turn on and off the heating source to keep your brewed coffee warm. It comes factory fitted with temperature control mechanism, to keep your coffee warm and ready to use as and when you require.
- You don’t have to check and recheck whether the coffee has been brewed or not. It comes with an indicator to inform you when your brewed coffee is ready for consumption.
- Do you remove the cap, to see the water level inside the percolator? Not now, this percolator from Adcraft is equipped with clear polycarbonate water level gauge to show you the amount of water inside the chamber and placed to perfection to check the water level.
- Gone are the days when you have to use gloves to move your hot coffee pot from one place to another, as it comes with handles which will stay cool even if your brewed coffee is hot so that you can move it easily.
- It is not only just a vessel, it comes with stem, coffee filter basket and a cover to conceal it from environmental hazards. The complete brewing pack is available with the product.
- The coffee percolator from Adcraft comes with a mirror-like finish to create that awe in the minds of the visitors.
- Adcraft’s Coffee Percolator follows the safety and sanitation standard set by the authority. The machine is accredited with ETL sanitation and is also ETL listed. It implies that it is fit for use in the production of coffee intended for human consumption.
The stylish look and its unique proposition make it one of the desirable coffee percolator for the brewed coffee lovers. The shear capacity of it makes it more suitable for large gathering places. It also comes in with a variety of capacity options to choose from to match one’s requirements.
2. Chinook Timberline 9 Cup Stainless Steel Coffee Percolator Review
- Stainless steel Coffee percolator 9-cup (2124mL)
- 18/8 polished stainless steel construction
- Heat insulating Permawood handle
This manual coffee percolator can serve up to 9-cups of brewed coffee. The coffee maker is built with sturdy 18/8 polished stainless steel and make better coffee for times to come. This coffee percolator is ideal for how brewing and offers various benefits:
- It uses the highest quality 18/8 gauge polished stainless steel for casing, which provides it with the long lasting durability and sturdiness. The quality material provides the same look and feels as new even after a couple of years of usage.
- It has been aesthetically designed to serve the best coffee always. The design has an old touch to it, which might prop some old memories in your mind.
- Unlike, an electric coffee percolator, you can use this on your sailboat or on your jungle outings as you don’t require plugs to heat up. Chinook Timberline’s coffee percolator can be used on a wooden fire, stove, gas, or any heating source to brew a coffee, effectively, you can use it anywhere you want, whether inside the house or far away on a fishing boat.
- You can extend the percolation to brew that extra hard coffee by using the same amount of coffee to satiate your taste buds. Automatic coffee percolators don’t allow to brew the same coffee again to make it extra strong, but you can do so with this one.
- Chinook Timberline’s 9-cup coffee maker comes with wooden handles, which makes it easy to handle over a hot fire. Chinook Timberline’s 9-Cup Coffee Percolator uses heat insulating Permawood to provide you with most comfortable handling experience.
- The coffee machine has a precision fitting to provide you with a seamless experience of brewed coffee for years to come.
- The coffee percolator is a Dishwasher safe, which makes it even more desirable as cleaning is not a hassle for this one.
The Chinook Timberline’s 9-cup stainless steel coffee percolator makes it the best manual coffee making candidate for use in the home or small office. It can also provide you the flexibility of using it out in the woods or on the sea, where there is no electrical connection available. You can have your best coffee brewed and even stronger if required, to your taste anytime, anywhere.
3. Farberware Classic Stainless Steel Yosemite 8-Cup Coffee Percolator Review
- 8-Cup Stovetop Percolator
- Heavy-duty stainless steel is polished to a mirror finish for a classic touch
- Features a permanent filter basket
- Fully immersible and dishwasher safe
- Brewing coffee on the stovetop extracts a fuller and richer flavor
- Quality Assurance Guarantee
Brewing coffee over a Stovetop extracts a richer taste in the coffee. The Farberware Classic Yosemite 8-Cup Coffee percolator is designed to brew four to eight cups of your favorite blends. The stovetop percolator comes with some unique benefits to suit your daily needs.
- It can percolate up to 8-cup of coffee which makes it the perfect companion for a kitchen of four family members.
- It is built with heavy-duty stainless steel and polished to perfection to give you mirror finish, on top of the vessel a clear knob is given to let you know when the percolation begins. It is precisely crafted to provide airtight lid seals so that it seals the heat inside the chamber.
- It comes with a permanent filter basket, so you don’t have to worry about messy paper filters. Also, its non-reactive material inside the chambers doesn’t allow water to absorb any unwanted odor or taste to mix with your brew. You can have the same brew taste over and over again without fearing the unwanted smell or bitterness.
- A comfortable handle with iconic styling offers a confident grasp and is designed to provide a balanced grip while pouring delicious French roasts or flavored coffee blends. It is designed with the classic touch and can improve the aesthetic of your kitchen immensely.
- Unlike, an electric coffee percolator, you can use this on your sailboat or on your jungle outings as you don’t require plugs to heat up. Farberware’s coffee percolator can be used on a wooden fire, stove, gas, or any heating source to brew a coffee, effectively, you can use it anywhere you want, whether inside the house or far away on a fishing boat.
- It is dishwasher safe and makes cleaning easier, and comes with a full pack of percolation brewing necessities. I would suggest not to use “heated dry” option, as it may leave the permanent stain on the steel body.
Make your mornings even better with this percolator, which I am sure to murmur “forget the espressos and cappuccinos”, It is a perfect blend of class and robustness which gives you satisfying coffee every morning.
4. Presto 02822 6-Cup Stainless-Steel Coffee Percolator
- 6-cup capacity
- Stainless steel body for added durability and the bottom nut and perk are made of aluminum
- Handle never gets hot enough
- Disc filters are usually available in the supermarket
- It doesn't have an automatic shut off
- Best is affordable price
This one is from Presto. Presto 02822 6-Cup Stainless-Steel Coffee Percolator brews up to six cups of percolated coffee. After reviewing two manual coffee percolator and one automatic percolator, I have decided to add one more to the automatic coffee percolator. This electric percolator blends both the world; classic and automation.
- The coffee percolator from Presto features instant brewing facility to brew 6 cups of delicious coffee in minutes.
- 500-watt classic percolator is best fit for metal busket though paper filter also works.
- The percolator’s stay-cool handle makes the handling easy and comfortable, it also has cover knobs to make handling easier. It has a detachable power cord to make serving on the tables easier and smoother.
- This Coffee percolator has sleek stainless steel housing and designed to improve the plush of your kitchen.
- It has all metal brewing packaging making it safer than the plastic brewers and machines available in the market.
- Thanks to Presto because their Customer Service Department is available to address any customer concerns. They can be reached Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 4:15 pm Central Time
California Residents -- Proposition 65 warning:
WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. About California Proposition 65:
California’s Proposition 65 entitles California consumers to special warnings for products that contain chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm if those products expose consumers to such chemicals above certain threshold levels. We care about our customers’ safety and hope that this information helps with your buying decisions.
5. GSI outdoors Glacier Coffee Percolator – Campfire
- Ultra-rugged percolator crafted entirely from Glacier Stainless® steel for years of unmatched taste and performance.
- Corrosion-resistant with marine-grade 18/8 stainless steel componentry and welds.
- Glass Perc-View knob for precision cook-time.
- Hinged lid prevents misplacement.
Designed to give you an old-school impression of coffee percolators. IT can brew It can serve delicious blends of French roast or coffee beans up to 14 cups. As the name indicate it has been made to last and tolerate nature’s wrath in the campfire. Some of the benefits of the pot are:
- The complete GSI Outdoor Glacier Stainless Steel 14 cup Coffee percolator – campfire, is built with glacier steel to make it ultra-rugged and can serve you your favorite brew and great taste of cup year after year.
- The design and décor can drive you through the memory lane of your grandparents, as it comes with a PercView top which allows you to gauge the strength of your coffee so that whenever you make your delicious cup of coffee you don’t get disappointed.
- The Glacier coffee percolator is built with corrosion-resistant and marine grade steel to make all its components and welds. Which increases its durability considerably and can provide you everlasting product to provide you your flavorsome coffee all the time.
- It has a hinged lid, which makes it more convenient to use and handle. It also has drop handle which allows carrying the hot pot easily and comfortably.
- The percolator is built ruggedly to be used in a campfire, in outings, in the jungle or on a snowy mountain. The corrosion-resistant material makes it the perfect companion for your fishing trip with your family or camping in the woods.
- Unlike electric coffee percolator, you can carry and brew your delicious coffee anytime and anywhere. It is designed with durability to absorb any external environmental effects, which makes it the must have percolator when you are camping in the woods.
- The GSI Outdoors Campfire Glacier Stainless Steel coffee percolator is dishwasher safe. This makes it easy to clean and wash.
The glacier stainless steel used makes it more robust utility item for the camping, outing or fishing trips. The vintage look makes it an attractive proposition for your kitchen and for camping. If you are a weekend wanderer, then this one is the best pal you can have with you to serve you your best French roasts or coffee beans.
Types of Coffee percolator
There are mainly two types of coffee percolators according to the heat source they utilize; manual and automatic. In manual coffee percolators, the heat is applied through an external source, while in automatic coffee percolator the heating element is placed inside the pot and heated through electricity.
The types of coffee percolator with techniques they utilize are:
- French press
Though coffee lovers enjoy brewed coffee from manual percolators the most, other types of coffee percolators are equally popular among them.
The stylish and modern coffee percolator add aesthetic value to the kitchen, while the old style manual coffee percolator adds authenticity and cultural value.
While the manual percolator takes longer than automatic percolator to brew coffee, vacuum percolators take less than 30 minutes to brew a cup of coffee.
The stovetop brews faster and generates about 12 cups of coffee in less than 20 minutes, whereas French press is used by the people who are always on the move.
Consideration before purchasing
The market is flooded with numerous coffee percolators, and it becomes difficult as a buyer to choose one. With assessment of your requirements and planning, you can find the most suited coffee percolator for the perfect brewed coffee.
The following points will assist you to find the perfect match:
Type of Coffee-Percolator
As discussed earlier, various types of coffee percolators are available in the market like; manual, automatic, vacuum, stovetop and French press. The machine makers will have one or other differences between them, some will serve faster while others will take little longer.
Whether you want to use your percolator outside the house (during camping) or inside the house will also have an impact on types of machine you choose. Automatic will be of no use for outings, while they can be the best option for the inside of the house.
Once you have finalized the types, it is important to estimate the maximum number of cups you want to serve, which will give you an idea of what capacity of machine you need to purchase.
User friendliness & Features
It means the ease of operating the coffee percolator and features it offers. There are machines available which can memorize your last coffee brewed or do you like your own handmade coffee. The machines should not have the complex operating procedure so that beside you someone else finds it difficult to operate.
As some machine takes longer than others to brew that great tasting coffee, and hence you should have an idea of how fast you want your percolator to deliver your brewed coffee.
Design and Dollars
Though the modern percolators provide aesthetics, the manual can connect you to your roots. Automatic machines are costlier than the manual ones. Hence, it is important to consider designs and your purse before concluding.
Above list is not an exhaustive one, but it can help you choose the right percolator to satiate your taste buds. To be honest, there are many features in percolators which don’t add up to the taste and hence can be left for the better-priced product.
I have tried to assort the best Coffee percolator to satiate your various needs and requirements. Each product has its unique benefits, but as mentioned earlier you should first assess your needs and then buy Coffee Percolators.
Get back to basics, and enjoy more flavorful brewed coffee by purchasing one of the above coffee percolators. Though my personal favorite is GSI’s glacier coffee percolator, as I prefer outings the most on every weekend. I would recommend you to purchase any of them to suit your own requirements.