Have you ever wished for a perfect golden crisp every time you fry? Or have you ever wondered how to get a beautifully even sear while cooking? Maybe you have wished for a way to cut back on utility bills while still cooking all the lovely food your heart desires. Well, there is a way. Perfect for budding or professional chefs and all the hard working housewives; presenting, all you need to know about the GreenPan 12 Piece Lima Hard Anodized Nonstick Ceramic Cookware Set.
GreenPan 12 Piece Lima Hard Anodized Nonstick Ceramic Cookware Set Features:
1) Thermally optimum non-stick coating
The trademarked Thermolon coating from GreenPan is manufactured without PFOA, lead and cadmium, providing you with a healthy and safe cooking surface free from toxic chemicals. Thermolon is also an amazing conductor of heat. How does this benefit you? It provides superb searing, crisp frying and an overall even cooking. This allows you to cook on medium or low heat for most of the time resulting in much fewer energy bills!
2) Oven safe heat-resistant coating
The material is designed to not release any toxic fumes up to temperatures of 450oC/850oF. Oven safe. The coating doesn’t blister or peel. This provides you with added flexibility in usage, overall resulting in an easier and safer cooking experience for you!
3) Aluminum base for the perfect sear
This ceramic cookware has a forged body with an aluminum base. This is a massive time saver, and it results in better cooking. The aluminum base provides a fast and even retention and dispersion of heat, which produces a perfect golden crisp and even brown searing. Multiple satisfied customers have verified that this set of utensils delivers in terms of efficient and perfect cooking. What’s more, this further helps to reduce your energy bills. It’s a win-win!
4) Hard anodized exterior for dishwasher safety
The set is essentially designed to be dishwasher safe. Ideally, It would be protected against any staining and scratching. That being said, there is a conflict among various reviewers regarding its ease of cleaning, and the claims about resisting stains.
While a small percentage of users have felt that despite following all instructions the exterior and the internal lining have been totally destroyed, the vast majority are immensely satisfied with their purchase. There are multiple reports about its ease of cleaning and pain-free stain removal. A little bit of care and concern for its delicate nature is advised.
5) Ergonomic handles with minimum heat transfer
Last but not the least, the cookware set also features oven-safe stainless steel pot and frying pan handles. The handles are hollow minimizing heat transfer to the maximum. This allows you to easily lift and move the utensils as per requirement.
An ergonomic design is ensured by the use of latest welding and polishing techniques. High-quality rivets, screws and bonding techniques provide you with a safe and comfortable grip.
Based on the reviews of multiple current users of the GreenPan cookware set, the following list of pros and cons has been developed.
- non-stick – requires lesser oil or butter making meals healthier
- even heat retention and distribution providing faster, crispier and even searing and frying
- heat resistant allowing added flexibility in the kitchen
- money saving: lower heat requirement, thus, reducing electricity and gas bills
- easy cleanup, although preferably by hand to prevent damage
- strong and high-quality riveting (in handles) for safe grip
- hollow handles to minimize heat retention
- durable: multiple satisfied customers report having used it for months with no damage
- lightweight (comparatively)
- delicate: hand washing and special care (e.g. during storage) is necessary
- expensive initial investment
- some users report smaller sized utensils as compared to other brands
- easily scratches so extra care needs to be taken to maintain its looks
[thrive_highlight highlight=’#a4d680′ text=’light’]Frequently Asked Question[/thrive_highlight]
Question 01: are these oven safe?
Answer: Yes the GreenPans are oven safe. If they have a stainless steel handle with a silicone insert they can be put in the oven up to 480 degrees. If your pans have mostly a black handle they are only oven safe for up to 350 degrees. The lids that are the stainless steel can also be put in the oven. Glass lids can too but only up to 450 degrees.
Question 02: Can you use metal utensils with these pans without marring the cooking surface?
Answer: No it is not recommended, and in fact, this set includes several wooden utensils.
Following are some helpful tips for product usage:
1) Care and cleaning: As mentioned earlier, the cookware is quite delicate, even when in comparison to other non-stick cookware sets. It is imperative to use only wooden spatulas and spoons. Metal tools would easily scrape off the non-stick coating of the pans. Furthermore, the general tendency is to store smaller pots inside larger pots to optimize storage; however, with this set doing so would damage the interiors of the larger pots.
It is advisable to store each pan individually, no stacking, to minimize damage. Evidently, this requires a lot of storage space, which is a hidden problem. Also, even though the cookware claims to be dishwasher safe, it is advisable to hand wash the pots and pans to minimize any potential damage. Even then, cleaning this range after usage is a breeze!
2) Lid use: The main thing to keep in mind is that even though the handles are designed to minimize heat retention, they get quite hot; especially the handles on the lids. It is advisable to be extra cautious while handling the lid and use mitts or gloves to protect yourself. Other than that, the lid is made of tempered glass making it easy to check in on the cooking process. As always, the glass lid needs to be handled with care to avoid breaking it.
3) Recommendation for best cooking results: The Aluminium base and the Thermolon coating do most of the work by providing an even distribution of heat. The only issue that has been observed by some users is that the pan is not as non-stick as they would like. This can easily be remedied by using a little more butter or oil.
A thorough analysis of the pros and cons of the GreenPan 12 Piece Lima Hard Anodized Nonstick Ceramic Cookware Set shows that with a certain amount of care this range can be the greatest asset in your culinary arsenal. It provides the perfect base to display your culinary skills while saving you both time and money. It would be a shame to ignore so many benefits in light of a few, remediable, limitations. Click on through to Amazon to read more customer reviews before finalizing your order.