Have you ever wished for a perfect golden crisp every time you fry? Or have you ever wondered how to get a beautifully even sear while cooking? Maybe you have wished for a way to cut back on utility bills while still cooking all the lovely food your heart desires. Well, there is a way. Perfect for budding or professional chefs and all the hard-working homemakers, presenting all you need to know about the GreenPan 12 Piece Lima Hard Anodized Nonstick Ceramic Cookware Set.
GreenPan 12 Piece Lima Hard Anodized Nonstick Ceramic Cookware Set Features:
1) Thermally optimum non-stick coating
The trademarked Thermolon coating from GreenPan is manufactured without PFOA, lead, and cadmium, providing a healthy and safe cooking surface free from toxic chemicals. Thermolon is also fantastic conductor of heat. How does this benefit you? It offers superb searing, crisp frying, and even overall cooking. This allows you to cook on medium or low heat most of the time, resulting in much fewer energy bills!
2) Oven-safe heat-resistant coating
The material is designed to not release toxic fumes up to 450oC/850oF. Oven safe. The coating doesn’t blister or peel. This provides added flexibility in usage, resulting in a more accessible and safer cooking experience for you!
3) Aluminum base for the perfect sear
This ceramic cookware has a forged body with an aluminum base. This is a massive time saver, and it results in better cooking. The aluminum base provides a fast and even retention and heat dispersion, producing a perfect golden crisp and even brown searing. Multiple satisfied customers have verified that this set of utensils delivers efficient and ideal cooking. What’s more, this further helps to reduce your energy bills. It’s a win-win!
4) Hard anodized exterior for dishwasher safety
The set is essentially designed to be dishwasher safe. Ideally, It would be protected against any staining and scratching. That being said, there is a conflict among various reviewers regarding its ease of cleaning and the claims about resisting stains.
While a small percentage of users have felt that despite following all instructions, the exterior and the internal lining have been destroyed, the vast majority are delighted with their purchase. There are multiple reports about its ease of cleaning and pain-free stain removal. A little bit of care and concern for its delicate nature is advised.
5) Ergonomic handles with minimum heat transfer
Last but not least, the cookware set also features oven-safe stainless steel pot and frying pan handles. The handles are hollow, minimizing heat transfer to the maximum. This allows you to lift and move the utensils as per requirement easily.
An ergonomic design is ensured by using the latest welding and polishing techniques. High-quality rivets, screws, and bonding techniques provide a safe and comfortable grip.
The following list of pros and cons has been developed based on the reviews of multiple current users of the GreenPan cookware set.
- nonstick – requires lesser oil or butter, making meals healthier
- even heat retention and distribution, providing faster, crispier, and even searing and frying
- heat resistant, allowing added flexibility in the kitchen
- money saving: lower heat requirement, thus, reducing electricity and gas bills
- easy cleanup, although preferably by hand, to prevent damage
- robust and high-quality riveting (in handles) for a safe grip
- hollow handles to minimize heat retention
- durable: multiple satisfied customers report having used it for months with no damage
- lightweight (comparatively)
- delicate: hand washing and special care (e.g., during storage) are necessary
- expensive initial investment
- some users report smaller-sized utensils as compared to other brands
- easily scratches, so extra care needs to be taken to maintain its looks
Frequently Asked Question
Question 01: Are these oven safe?
Answer: Yes, the GreenPans are oven safe. If they have a stainless steel handle with a silicone insert, they can be put in the oven up to 480 degrees. If your pans have mostly black handles, they are only oven safe for up to 350 degrees. The stainless steel lids can also be put in the oven. Glass lids can, too, but only up to 450 degrees.
Question 02: Can you use metal utensils with these pans without marring the cooking surface?
Answer: No, it is not recommended, and in fact, this set includes several wooden utensils.
Following are some helpful tips for product usage:
1) Care and Cleaning: As mentioned earlier, the cookware is quite delicate, even compared to other nonstick cookware sets. It is imperative to use only wooden spatulas and spoons. Metal tools would easily scrape off the nonstick coating of the pans. Furthermore, the general tendency is to store smaller pots inside larger pots to optimize storage; however, with this set, doing so would damage the interiors of the larger banks.
It is advisable to store each pan individually, with no stacking, to minimize damage. Evidently, this requires a lot of storage space, which is a hidden problem. Also, even though the cookware claims to be dishwasher safe, it is advisable to hand wash the pots and pans to minimize potential damage. Even then, cleaning this range after usage is a breeze!
2) Lid use: The main thing to remember is that even though the handles are designed to minimize heat retention, they get pretty hot, especially the handles on the lids. It is advisable to be extra cautious while handling the lid and use mitts or gloves to protect yourself. Other than that, the top is made of tempered glass, making it easy to check in on the cooking process. As always, the glass lid must be handled carefully to avoid breaking it.
3) Recommendation for best cooking results: The Aluminium base and the Thermolon coating do most of the work by providing an even heat distribution. The only issue some users have observed is that the pan is not as nonstick as they would like. This can easily be remedied by using a little more butter or oil.
A thorough analysis of the pros and cons of the GreenPan 12 Piece Lima Hard Anodized Nonstick Ceramic Cookware Set shows that with a certain amount of care, this range can be the greatest asset in your culinary arsenal. It provides the perfect base to display your culinary skills while saving time and money. Ignoring so many benefits in light of a few remediable limitations would be a shame. Click on Amazon to read more customer reviews before finalizing your order.